Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Saturday 20 March 2010

Joshua's Page Ceremony


Several years ago, God pressed upon Mark's heart to start a rite of passage ceremony for our boys. It begins at the age of 8. It is a journey into Knight Hood. The journey has 4 celebrations that happen at monumental times in a boy's life. So, at the age of 8 you enter the first stage and become a Page.

The journey began for Joshua this past month on his 8th birthday. The kids come dressed up a Knights and Princesses. We have a ceremony where Joshua is given a spoken word about his faith and Scripture to memorize. Then the significant, Christian men in Joshua's life pray over him and sign a scroll. It is a faith building event for me to observe. I see my young boy taking steps to become a young man and pride wells up within my heart.


Of course, during the evening we have food, fellowship and complete chaos. So, it is not a somber event. It is a celebration. A celebration that each one of our boys look upon fondly.


So, my loving Joshua, I am proud of you. I am proud of the man you are becoming. I am proud of the path you choose. You take the hard road and strive to be humble and honest. You make my heart skip a beat when you look at me with those deep blue eyes and knock out smile. You are strong, my son, and courageous. You are my Blessing. I will always love you, my son. Momma

No comments: