Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 16 October 2008

Adoption Update

Just in case you are wondering about our friends who have been in the process of adoption....

We received word last night that "Its a GIRL!"

I was so elated that I could not go to sleep.

Last week as I heard the news, I knew what was required. My heart was breaking for our friends. I cried out to God several times a day for my friends and this special baby. I prayed harder for this issue than I have for most things. In most cases, after a time of prayer, I feel released to praise God for His answer. Not in this particular case....I felt the pressure to pray heavily for all parts of this adoption.

It was great to see my prayers answered. I realized something greater than myself was at stake. This baby is a true miracle. We, as Christians, had to fight for Baby Kate to be put in the right home and we won the battle. God is gracious, but he doesn't give you something you want when He knows it is not the best. So, we trusted God for our answers and comfort and received more than we could ever wish. Thank You Abba!

On a side note...

A lesson God has been teaching me is perseverance. My friends taught me how to persevere and let God do His will. They began down this road several years ago through heartache, but they never quit. They got discouraged and sad, but never quit. They had their eyes on the goal and kept focused on the prize. I definitely could use a healthy dose of perseverance in my own life. What a testimony of God's grace and power coming forth in humble hearts.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

No comments: