Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 3 January 2013

In a Dream....

Last night I had one of those dreams that only God could have blessed me with.

Some background information--I do not know my father.  I have been on a journey of learning how to forgive and let go for the last 38 years.

Now back to my dream---I saw my boys playing by the river.  As I watched them play, I saw a man who oddly looks like Santa Clause playing with them.  In my mother mode, I went down to the river.  I realized it was my father.  I went to him and said I know who you are.  I am your daughter.  He immediately apologized for all my hurt and anguish.  It was moving moment.  Then I woke up.

As I journal to God this morning, I was upset that I still had more issues with my father.  I prayed for reconciliation with my father.  Then God prompted my heart to google my father. 

I was shocked. 

He was dead.

He had died this past Saturday in my hometown hospital. 

I wasn't for sure what to do.  Then the dream came to me. I praised God for reconciliation.  I also prayed for God to confirm my dream as something from Him.

As we told our sweet children of my father's passing, my adorable 3 year old yells, "He looks like Santa!"

We looked at her like she was crazy.  My father is super skinny, no facial hair, and no white hair. 

My Dad was Santa in my dream too. Those sweet words were healing to my broken heart.

To utilize words of my dear friend when I told her about incident, "Helps you to realize God is smack dab in the middle."

My prayer and heart's desire this year is that God is so miraculous in my life that I could not explain Him. 

God is granting me my heart's desire--I cannot explain this.

No comments: