Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 27 January 2011

Gratitude...

I am about to embark upon a book and I have no doubts that I will be sharing this book with you. However, on a recent blog I read how the author Ann Vokskamp challenges the reader to write a 1000 things you are thankful for.

WOW!

So, I am going to start my list. My goal is to share a portion of my list with you each week.

1. I am thankful for a lap top. My lap top makes chatting on fb, writing blogs and balancing my checking account easier than ever before.
2. I am thankful that my husband has a passion for loving me through bathing our small children.
3. I am thankful that Mark desires to read to our children from books that will increase their character.
4. I am thankful for the sunshine that warms my body on cool winter days.
5. I am thankful for cell phones. Without a cell phone, I would be tied to my home waiting for Mark to call me while he is out of country.
6. I am thankful for Beth Moore. She has taught me volumes concerning the Word of God.
7. I am thankful for Kaleb eagerly going to get the mail even in the snow.
8. I am thankful for having this opportunity to blog my thoughts and journal the lives of my children.
9. I am thankful that ME loves for me to snuggle next to her while she falls asleep.
10. I am thankful for Stephen's contagious smile.
11. I am thankful to have a close friend and have the freedom to say what I think and feel without the fear of judgement.
12. I am thankful for Micah's sweet words of encouragement.
13. I am thankful that Joshua has a desire to do right regardless of the peer pressure that surrounds him.
14. I am thankful that I can home educate my children. I love watching them find success.
15. I am thankful that my Mom taught me about Jesus and showed me a genuine love for Him.
16. I am thankful that my sister calls me several times a week.
17. I am thankful that my brother and sister in law are faithful to fb. I love hearing the antics of my sweet niece and nephew.
18. I am thankful that strangers became family through a bond of true agape love.
19. I am thankful that today is a lazy day.
20. I am thankful that my heart soars when I hear my husband's ring tone.

So, will you take the gratitude challenge? Join me and let's tackle the Monster of Negativity.

"Be joyful always; pray continually;

give thanks in all circumstances, for this

is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

No comments: