Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Monday 6 September 2010

Priorities

I have often wrestled with a verse. In fact, I pray it almost daily for me and my family. Yet, I try to go under the radar and not live it out. So, I struggle with it or to use a social work term....I grapple with it.

It if found in Psalms 90:12, " Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Sounds simple doesn't it. He is to teach us. Unfortunately for me, I have had to retake this class several times.

I am in the mist of trying to figure out what priorities I live out. Do I live what I say I believe? Do I work at it? Does my decisions take the shape of my priorities? Um...tough questions huh?

They are for me. Since Mark is gone, I have made for myself a buffet of excuses. I can pick and choose several. They are good and truthful excuses, but they are still excuses for not getting stuff done.

So, as I sit here and contemplate my priorities am I allowing God to number my day? To try and get a handle on my over achiever to do list, I am making a daily list of 3 priorities that I would like to achieve.

This may sound easy, but when you have Awanas and gymnastics in one day I only have a spot for one more thing. So, is it school? Or is it an errand that needs to be ran? In doing this exercise for a week, I have realized that I have put too much into a day.

No wonder I am begging God for rest. He has been screaming at me to number my day and He would give me a heart of wisdom.

Praying that you gain a heart of wisdom through allowing God to restructure your schedule.

No comments: