Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 30 September 2010

Birthday Parties in Heaven?

The other day out of the blue Stephen asked me if the twins would have a birthday party in Heaven? The timing of his question couldn't have been more perfect. I was contemplating on how to "celebrate" their birthday this year on my blog. Last year I spoke about how God was faithful through the entire process.

This year I wanted to do something a bit more fun. I wanted to see them as they are in Heaven.

A friend suggested that I dream about the boys growing up in Heaven and blog. It is a different experience for the twins because they have been made perfect in death through Christ.

Here we go...

So, while my children on earth sit through Sunday school to learn more about Jesus, the twins sit with Jesus and learn.

While my children pretend to ride wild exotic animals, the twins might actually ride a lion, a giraffe, or an alligator on those golden streets. Maybe they are taking a ride on a Great White Shark. They could be flying on the back of a Bald Eagle. Whatever they are doing, I can almost hear their squeals.

While my children cry when they scrape their knees or when a day has gone poor, my twins know complete freedom to be who they were created to be without the fear of pain.

While my children listen to a cd of earthly, angelic melodies in order to go to sleep. My twins hear the true angelic music all around them as they rest.

While my children are being raised by earthly parents who mess up daily, my twins have perfection.

While my heart aches at the thought of my loss, my spirit rejoices. My sweet Zechariah and Hezekiah are in a place I can barely describe without getting giddy with excitement.

So, to answer Stephen I said, "Yes, I bet they are going to have the time of their lives." Because we all know there is a "Martha" in Heaven planning the biggest 4th birthday bash ever.

Happy Birthday Boys!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love it...can you even imagine what it is like??? What an awesome place to be celebrating your fourth "birthday" Enjoy your day!