Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Monday 4 October 2010

Accomplishment

So as we close out our first deployment, albeit small deployment considering the sacrifices others make, I am feeling frustrated for not accomplishing more. The more I wanted to accomplish is way over the top--really it is! I wanted to finish 90 lessons of school for 2 of my children and 60 lessons for my new kindergarten kid. I also wanted to paint 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a playroom and a wall in the "great" room. I wanted to do all of this while raising my 5 children and continuing our very active life style.

So, now that I have stated all that I have yet to accomplish...let us see what I have accomplished in the last four months...(list style of course.)
  • Drove from Florida to Texas all the way home with 5 children. No wrecks, no tickets and all 5 children arrived happy.
  • Did a walk through on my new home.
  • Closed on my new home.
  • Moved into my new home and slept on the floor. Bought and moved 2 twin mattresses with box sets.
  • Unpacked my new house.
  • Get up with several small children throughout the night.
  • Hung pictures on the wall.
  • Homeschooled my 3 out of my 5 children for 2.5 months.
  • Went through the entire process of braces with my 11 year old.
  • Weaned my daughter.
  • Worked out several anger issues.
  • Read several books.
  • Bathed many children.
  • Sent numerous packages.
  • Wiped countless tears.
  • Changed endless beds.
  • Said multiple prayers.

I truly stand in awe of any wife of a soldier who carries out deployments for years and years. I am eternally grateful for being able to have the strength to do that which God has called me to be-- Mark's wife and everything that encompasses.

No comments: