As we drove to the mountains, through the woods and over the river, I had many random thoughts. So, here I go....
- 14 month olds do NOT like car seats. Everyone in both cars will back me up. A screaming child is no fun for no amount of time esspecially for hours upon hours.
- Even a driver can get sick to her stomach as she drives those curvy, drop off roads.
- 1 spilled drink during dinner out...not bad odds with 7 kids and one clumsy adult.
- A lake, some mud, a few dozen rocks and a plethora of worms are more fun than a park regardless of your age. (A side note...I did allow ME to play in the mud too.--I know absolutely shocking. I have proof though.)
- My children absolutely love hotel rooms.
- A freezing pool doesn't scare children who adore swimming.
- One small disagreement in a 37 hour period of time with 7 kids...the grace of God.
Bottom line after my journey to the mountains, my friend is right I live in Kansas.