Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 16 September 2010

Rarely

This is the 3rd year to "celebrate" my Mom's birthday without her. Sadly, this year it has been the worse. I think it has been the "worse" because I finally have realized the depthness of what I am missing. It is no longer the idea of what I am going to miss, it is reality--a stinky, yucky reality.


Yet, my God was faithful to me today and hope and joy were restored.

In was during my lamenting to God that He blessed me with some memories of rarely.

Rarely do I pick up the phone anymore to call my Mom. Yet, when I remember my conversations with my Mom joy and sometimes laughter comes.

Rarely do I see a yellow butterfly. Yet, when I do the joy is much greater.

Rarely do I smell smoke. Yet, when I do I am reminded of how precious life is.

Rarely do I meet her in my dreams anymore. Yet, I see her in my daughter.

Rarely do I hear her sing hymns or laugh. Yet, I hear her in my children.

Rarely is grief and reality fair. Yet, my God is righteous and sovereign in all things.

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him.
Lamentations 3:25

No comments: