Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Tuesday 16 September 2008

We are having a Granny Party



Today is my Mother's birthday. She would be 64 years old. I am sad that today I can't take her a gift of flowers, candy, or drawings my children have made. However, today I am choosing not to dwell on what I don't have. I am focusing my attention on what I do have--memories.

So, today has been declared the Granny Party Day. We are eating her favorite meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn along with bread. We are eating brownies for dessert and to top it off we are having Root Beer freezer pops, homemade of course. Today we celebrate our fond memories of my Mother. We have even planned our activites as such. We are going to play Uno and laugh hard at her being "the worse of the worse."

Today I choose life and laughter.

Who knows maybe we will even sing karokee. None the less fun will be had.

So, Happy Birthday Momma! We love and miss you!

No comments: