Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 11 September 2008

Do you remeber?

Today, I was sitting on the couch and watching the news with my sweet little Micah when my 6 year old Joshua came and set beside me. He asked what I was watching. I explained how today was a sad day 7 years ago. I was pregnant with him and scared at what was going on around me. I was afraid for America and for my freedom. I was angry. I was proud. I was overwhelmed with basically a ball of emotions that human words could not explain.

So I began to give some details of that day to him. He was still puzzled.

He said, "Did we get them bad guys?"

"No, sweetheart, we are still searching for him."

"Why?"

"Well, the bad guys hide really well in the sand and caves."

[A picture of the "bad guys" comes up on the TV.]

"Oh, you mean the sand people in Star Wars." (refering to the terrorists)

"Yeah, I guess you could compare the two."

"Well, Anakin got rid of them so why can't we."

This is were I began to talk about the men in uniform and how they are being trained to find and fight the bad guys. I explained how they were fighting for our freedom.

He shortly went back to playing with his castle and knights.

I began to wonder... Do I live differently? Do I live each day with a remeberence and thanks for our life and our liberty? Does my prayer life reflect the love for my country and my fellow American? Or did I go back to my normal life and forget what was going on.

9-11 did change the way I think. The way I travel. The way I respond to an American Flag. Now, I must change the way I fight for my Nation. I must not surrender by ignorance or complacency. I must fight through my posture. I must go to battle for my wonderful Nation through a bended knee and a humble heart.


Today I have been humbly reminded. I need to pray more abundantly for my wonderful country and the men and women who live in my country and serve my country. I need to pray for my leaders and the issues that we face.

II Chronicles 7:14 "..if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

No comments: