Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Sunday 4 January 2015

Growth--Is It An Option?

Today I am struggling.  I had a small little one who struggled in sleeping last night. So, I am TIRED.  However, I have been waiting to share with you a little nugget that God shared with me.  First, I had to share it with my Sunday School class. I am so excited to write out my thoughts.  I sure hope you enjoy it too!

I am presently reading 2 Corinthians.  God has spoken to me through each chapter of Corinthians.  I have been amazed at how much I have missed in my previous readings of Corinthians. 

Anyways, one verse really stood out in chapter 7 verse 1.
"Therefore, dear friends, since we have such promises,
let us cleanse ourselves from every impurity of the flesh and spirit,
completing our sanctification in the fear of God."
 
Let's break down this verse.  First, we are all friends.  We have closer friends and friends we can pal around with.  We have friends to chat about the things of God.  We are dear to each other.  Together, we make up the body of Christ.  We need to remember that we are all vital partners in our journey.  We NEED each other.  I need you and you need me.  We are friends.
 
Second, we have promises.  We have the previous promise spoken in chapter 6:16.  God will dwell in us.  He will be our God.  Next, we must cleanse ourselves from our sins.  How?  We ask for forgiveness then we make retribution as needed.  When we ask God to create a new heart within us, He is faithful (Psalm 51:10)
 
Now we are getting to the eye opening part for me.  In doing some research, I learned that "completing our sanctification in the fear of God" means that we must grow in Holiness.  It is not an option.  Once, we are "saved" then growing in holiness is not an option. Did you get that?  We must grow.  We must find ways to make spiritual growth a part of her daily life. 
 
How are you growing?  What steps are you taking?  How are you helping your children to grow? 
 
Remember it is not an option. 
 
"Mankind, He has told you what is good
and what it is the Lord requires of you:
to act justly,
to love faithfulness,
and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
 
 


No comments: