Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Thursday 21 February 2013

Answers to the Top 7 Questions

I have been asked several good questions lately.  I thought I would share the questions and answer them to the best of my ability.

1. Why tell everyone early? Mark and I both believe that life begins at conception.  We also believe that God creates all life.  Therefore, telling everyone early validates the life of our child regardless of how long that child is with us on earth.

When you send your Spirit, they are created,
and you renew the face of the earth.
Psalms 104:30
 
2. Why have more children?  Mark and I both believe that God has asked us to trust Him in all our ways and He will make our paths straight.  (Paraphrased from Proverbs 3: 5-6)We both believe that God has the best plan for our family and that His love is greater for us than we could ever imagine.  When we decided to give God our fertility, I had no idea that also meant to accept death. However, it is in my 5 losses that I have seen God work mightily in my life.  To give God our fertility doesn't mean we will have many kids.  It means we  will give Him our hearts and desires and accept His best for us which sometimes includes brokenness.
 
See now that I myself am He!
There is no God besides me.  I put to death and
I bring to life.  I have wounded and I will
heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
Deuteronomy 32:39
 
3. How are you?  I am physically healing very nicely from the loss of twins.  Emotionally I have my moments.  However, I do have a peace and joy.  I also have hope that God will use Malachi and Mercy's life for His glory.
 
4. Do you know what caused the miscarriage? We do not know what has caused the miscarriage.  We trust that God has a plan and that His grace will be sufficient for our need of knowledge.
 
5. How do you know it was twins? The ultrasound showed two sacs.  I also had many dreams and a huge hunch it was boy/girl twins. 
 
6. What should I say to someone who has suffered a loss through miscarriage?  I could give you a list of what not to say.  The most valid point to make with someone who has lost a baby through miscarriage is to validate their loss.  It is a life that is gone.  A dream that is dead.  An ache that cannot be filled by another child.  It is a hole in their heart.  It is a taste of reality that our home is not here on earth.  Let the person grieving know that it is okay to be sad and to cry. 
 
7. How are Mark and the children? Mark is a very strong man who understands how this loss affects him and his family.  He has grieved with me.  He has clung to Scripture and he has led his family to trust God above all things seen.  He has handled it very well. 
 
The children have also handled their grief well.  They have cried, been angry and rejoiced.  They can't wait to get to heaven to meet their 5 other brothers and sisters.
 
Well, hopefully that has answered most of every ones' questions.  If not, you are welcome to submit your question. 
 
Blessings,
               Susan
 
 


1 comment:

sizzlebizzlebear said...

Susan, my dear friend.. I so appreciate your bravery in being transparent. It is never an easy thing to share the deepest parts of your heart. Particularly when those feelings are painful ones. It has always been a true inspiration to me how openly you share your life experiences and how God has used those circumstances for his glory. It gives me such joy and hope to see your faith in action even through trials. My heart aches for you as I know this pain and even so rejoice with you that we have a God who is BIG and can bring beauty from the ashes. I love you sweet friend and you are in my thoughts and prayers