Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Friday 8 July 2011

Rain

Most of us are in need of rain. Our land is parched. Fires and dangers are overtaking our lands. Crops are destroyed. Homes have been ruined. Lives have been forever altered. We are crying out to God for some relief.

Recently, God has been answering our prayers and we have been getting our daily showers where I live. I am so glad. My yard is greener. My checkbook is fuller. My home is cooler. My spirit is renewed. My senses are at peace with the sights and sounds of the thunder, lightening, and dark rolling clouds.

This morning I started contemplating how the rain as renewed the earth and me. What if we treated God's word like the refresher rain is to the earth? What if I looked to His word to replenish my Soul like rain does? Just like the grass I would grow. My love bank would be full and the words of my mouth would be a sound of love. Inside I would be beautiful as radiant light just like the lightening.

Yes, God's word is the rain I needed today.


Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast

spirit within me.

Ps. 51: 10

1 comment:

Bill Julie Arbuckle said...

Thanks for this reminder! Lord rain your word down Your word on me all day long! (more actual rain would be nice too :) )