Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Sunday 22 March 2009

Girl Names and Tradition

So, Mark and I have been in debate over the name of our daughter. We have been given a chance to name a girl and we don't want to mess this up. In our discussion, we love Marybeth. However, Mark doesn't like Marybeth. He would prefer Maribeth. I am not so crazy about the spelling.

Come to find out...he prefers Elizabeth versus Beth. So, then we discussed dropping the Mary, but the boys strongly disagreed. I also like Marybeth. So, to compromise and to appease us our daughter, who probably won't be more than 19 inches long, will have a name longer than her. Her name is Mary-Elizabeth Janice. We will still call her Mary-Beth. We are now just adding the hyphen and capital B!

Some may say why three names? Well, I guess to be honest...we love Mary-Elizabeth. Janice cannot be deleted because it is my family's tradition and I would not want to break it. My Mother would haunt me! Ha! Mary-Beth is from a long line of fabulous women who have the middle name of Janice. It is a privilege to name her after my mother, grandmother and sister and niece.

Thus, you now know the rest of the story!

No comments: