Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Monday 12 October 2009

A Walk of Faith

Lately, I have been floating through this world. I go from point A to point B and not realize the blessings that God has given me. I don't give Him the praise He deserves. All of the sudden, God opened my eyes to see the enormous amount of prayers that has been answered. Some prayers I don't think I uttered with my lips, but with my deepest longings of my heart.

Recently, I found a pearl earring in my couch. Not a big deal until you realize that I lost it 4 years ago. Since then, we have moved 3 times. God knew my heart was wanting my earring and He blessed me unexpectedly.

Another answered prayer was baby blankets. Inside my heart, I wondered how I could have sweet, girly baby blankets for Mary-Elizabeth. I have several boy blankets, but I wanted girly ones too! I knew our budget could not replace all the boys things. God knew that too! He put it on the hearts of several women and I received 6+ blankets for Mary-Elizabeth that were homemade with love and prayer. I also received several other beautiful, girly blankets. God gave me more than I ever anticipated.

Answered prayers are all around me. I see God working through my children, through my husband, through my church and through me. I see him healing relationships. I see him floating our family on a slim budget. I see Him doing amazing things all around me.

However, I still live in fear. God is asking my family to walk out on the water and stay afloat by faith. We are at a cross roads of huge proportions. I must trust God and not man. I must affirm my faith in the one true God by believing in Him.

Mark is separating from the military in a few months. In less than 5 months, Mark is going to need another job...we are going to need another house...we are going to change our world. We will no longer be apart of the military forces..we will be civilians. This is somewhat scary--I mean real scary. The part that gets me on my knees is not having a paycheck or any direction of where to go. All I know through God's confirmation is that Mark should separate. The rest I must leave at the foot of Jesus.

Trusting God with my finances and physical future is a wild ride for me, but one that is even more wild is trusting God with the size of my family. Mark and I are learning how to trust God completely in this area. God is asking me to have faith that He knows what is best for each of our children-born and unborn, for Mark and for myself. One thing I have learned in having more children is that I can do less on my strength and need more of Him. Maybe that is the point of faith--total dependence on God.

So, as I walk out in the unknown, I must believe in God. I must trust His Sovereign plan. I must believe God to be huge in all circumstances. I must die to my selfish desires and live for the One and Only.

In believing in God, I must remember who He is. In order to remember who He is, I must remember what He has done for me in good times and bad times. Through those moments in time, my faith has expanded. With my expanded faith, I shall praise Him more. He alone is my rock, my shelter and my foundation...in Him who shall I trust?

So, today I choose to walk by faith in the One who created me...the One who loves me...the One who gave up His life for me...the One and Only.

No comments: