Family of Warriors

Family of Warriors

Monday 25 January 2010

A detailed life....

I didn't want to do it, but I have to. Everything in me wants to just get by. So what do I have to do....well--

I have to schedule our days. We can't get it all done when I am floating through the day. Somehow, I must love on each child (the way they receive love), homeschool, cook, clean, do laundry and still find time to spend time with the man of my dreams. I haven't been very successful in completing my tasks lately.

So in my devotional time the other day, God slapped me upside the head with Scripture.

In 1 Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace." My house is in disorder. The laundry floats from tables to baskets to even the floor at times. My children are also in disorder. Their devotions are scattered and their Awana verses are not being practiced daily. I am also frazzled which normally leads to nothing productive.

So, in order to restore peace to my home, I must enforce the schedule. I don't think the kids will fight it as much as myself. Yet, it is a necessary part for my home to run smoothly.

Another verse that God laid on my heart that day is 1 Corinthians 14:40. "But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way." Um, I think that screams we need a schedule in order for all of us to be productive.

So, beginning tomorrow I will take the first step to bring order to my home which will bring peace and prosperity to my family of 7.

No comments: